5 Custody and Travel FAQs Infographic

Traveling out of state with your child while living in Utah can raise questions about co-parenting and custody agreements. Generally, your ex cannot prevent you from traveling with your child as long as you adhere to the terms of your custody agreement. However, providing your child’s other parent with specific information about your trip, such as dates, destinations, and accommodations, is essential. This ensures transparency and allows them to stay informed about your child’s whereabouts. Additionally, consider the length of your trip and how it may impact your child’s bond with the co-parent. If your ex tries to prevent you from traveling with your child, you may need to involve legal measures, such as filing a motion for a writ of assistance, to enforce your custody rights. Understanding your custody agreement and consulting with a family law attorney can help you navigate the complexities of traveling with your child while ensuring compliance with the law and your co-parenting responsibilities.

source: https://divorceattorneyut.com/out-of-state-vacations-can-i-take-my-child-without-my-exs-consent/


Download this infographic.

Embed Our Infographic On Your Site!