Maintenance for cars is usual especially after a few years of using it. One of the maintenance procedures your car has to undergo is oil change. There are even cars that would require you to change the oil after driving a certain mileage. This is because machines or engines have also wear and tear conditions but the oil keeps its performance better or at least at par when it was bought anew. Unlike with choosing which tire to use, options for oil is limited to synthetic and natural oil. Which is better? You can get enlightened from this infographic.
1. The first thing you need to know is that why synthetic oil was even made in the first place? Changes in seasons bring in different levels of temperature. During autumn and winter, temperature could be very cold but during the spring and summer temperature could also be very hot. Every year these seasons come back and forth but if you are only using one car, it would be impractical to change your oil every time the seasons change, right? Because of this dilemma, synthetic oil was developed. It prevents your engine from being too hot or runny during hotter days or sticky like molasses on colder days.
2. People have demanded the government to watch over cars that emit nasty gasses. Because of this, the government made actions and the manufacturers have made ways to ensure that machines burn better. Synthetic oil can handle the intense heat levels that cause gas emission. This is one of the reasons why synthetic oil is better than natural ones.
3. By the name itself, synthetic oil means that it was only made by man through its intelligence, innovativeness, and engineering. Researches backed up the formulation of synthetic oil. Experiments were conducted to ensure that it will not damage the engine of the car while providing advantages to the user and the environment. Because of this, you can expect that there would be a difference between the price of synthetic oil and natural oil. But, when choosing which one is best for your car, you need to consider not just the price but the overall impact of the product to your engine.
4. It is undeniable that synthetic oil may provide benefits to the car owner and the environment. What about when it comes to frequency of oil change? There were several users of synthetic oil who testified that they can use it two to three times longer in a single oil change. Though the price is different from the natural oil, if you buy it less frequently than the latter, definitely, you would still save a lot in the long run.
5. There could be several brands of oil that you can choose from. You can get suggestions from your car about which brand will be suited to your engine. However, whenever it is available, you should prefer the ones that are recommended by the maker or manufacturer of the car. You can also check from the guide or manual about which oil you should prefer.
Download this infographic.