Who does not love a well designed, well-lit and well-organized kitchen? Everybody does right? But having one does not happen in a blink of an eye. You have to work hard to have it. It all starts with the right planning. If your house is newly built, you can probably include this in your blueprint. However, most of the families today buy houses that were built years ago; hence, the design of the kitchen may not suit their tastes. If you are in this kind of situation, worry less because you can still opt for remodeling or renovation. However, there could be some limitations since the house is already built and adjustments should only be based on this. Before, contacting contractors, you need to plan the renovation on your own. Then, let the contractors see what they can do and how the adjustments will be carried out. This infographic will help you in preparing yourself, your family and even the contractors to the kitchen upgrading that you want to do.
1. What are the appliances that you want to move to? Are these appliances big that you won’t be able to move it on your own? Evaluate the appliances, furniture and fixtures and other items that you might want to move and inform the contractors about it. They would be willing to help you out and it will save your strength for other uses. However, you must fix your mind where you want to relocate these appliances because it might be troublesome for the movers if keep on changing your mind.
2. While your kitchen is being remodeled, definitely you will need some temporary space. Hence, you need to design on which part of the house will be the temporary kitchen located. Inform the contractors and let them move your countertops, cabinets, etc.so that their work won’t be interrupted.
3. When the contractors are already inside your house and will start doing their job, it will be part of your obligation to feed them. The best way is to opt for disposable utensils such as spoons and forks, and plates, cups, and bowls because you don’t want to be bothered by washing dishes while lots of people are working in your kitchen area. Also, you can opt for multi-purpose items such as food processor, electric skillet, and electronic pressure cooker.
4. Where is the best part of the house to serve as your temporary kitchen? It could be any bedroom with an attached bathroom because there is easy access to water. But, you don’t want to put it near your children’s bedroom so choose the master’s bedroom.
5. Cooking would be difficult if some people are cutting woods, moving appliances, putting furniture, etc., however, you also don’t want to eat junk food, so what can you do? Try some instant meals. Also, you must be careful about your food choices because you might not notice that you have been eating fast food for the entire time that the renovation is going on.
Download this infographic.