The market is now full of various products intended for oral health. Breath freshener in spray bottles, flavored candies, mouthwash, etc., most of these are used by the consumers though it could be expensive especially for those with average incomes. Because of that, the following natural ways to freshen your breath can be an alternative so that you won’t need to spend a lot on these items.
1. Do you usually drink coffee in the morning? This is an energy booster so that you get alert and active for the entire day. However, drinking coffee adds a bland taste in your mouth that makes it feel awkward when you talk to another person because it is as if the coffee is still there. You can avoid this feeling by replacing coffee with tea. Coffee with sugar can cause damages to your teeth but green tea has been proven to protect your teeth and gums from cavities and gum diseases. You get the energy you need to start the day right while having a fresh breath.
2. Bad breath may not just be due to decaying teeth but could be because of stomach acid. That is why it is recommended that you always take your breakfast because when the acid gets up, it can cause bad breath. Among the breakfast meals that you can take, prefer those with baking soda or sodium bicarbonate. Baking soda has multiple uses but research shows that it provides various health benefits and that includes treating heartburn through neutralizing the stomach acid.
3. Another natural way to have a fresh breath is eating foods that contain Vitamin D. It is found out that people with tooth decay lacks Vitamin D. To prevent this from happening, you have to eat eggs, tuna or salmon. For juice products, a fortified orange juice can also be beneficial because it also contains Vitamin D. You get to eat a nice meal while protecting your teeth against cavities.
4. It is not that surprising but hydrogen peroxide can also help in keeping your breath fresh. It is an antiseptic that is used when a person gets cut and burns because it can prevent infection. The same characteristic of hydrogen peroxide makes it an alternative to having fresh breath. However, you should not drink it.
5. Are you familiar with Xylitol Gum? Not everybody knew it but it is a natural sweetener taken from plants. It is helpful to your teeth because it does not break down the same way as ordinary sugar. More so, xylitol gum helps in maintaining the pH level in your mouth keeping the bacteria from causing tooth decay.
6. Sometimes, when you are traveling and you feel that your mouth does not smell good, you take candy with mint flavor. However, the sugar content of these candies can badly affect the health of your teeth. So, instead of taking candy, bring menthol, eucalyptus, and tea tree oil wherever you go. This product can kill the bacteria, thus, making your breath smell good and fresh.