Adobe is the first software that most people think of when they need an impressive design. Historically Adobe was associated with the development of creativity and multimedia software, but lately the company has forayed into software development and internet applications. Adobe is best known for its Photoshop image editing software, Portable Document Format or PDF, and Acrobat Reader, but Adobe is so much more than those programs. In recent years, it has created a lot of applications that many of us are unfamiliar with that delve even deeper into the world of design.
The following are some of Adobe’s many software programs:
- Adobe Photoshop – Photoshop is the most well-known product of Adobe. It is considered the best editing software for photos and graphics. The program is used for image editing and photo retouching and is available on both the Windows and MacOS computers. Photoshop allows you to manipulate images or even simulate a real-life painting.
- Adobe Illustrator – Illustrator is Adobe’s version of Photoshop for something called vector art. Vector art contains few details but may be resized infinitely without losing quality. This is optimally used to create logos and brand imaging because size isn’t standard on all business paraphernalia.
- Adobe Dreamweaver – Dreamweaver can be likened to a graphics version of Notepad. It lets you input graphic data while its tools automatically create the code to support your images. It also allows for coding in several different computer languages, which is helpful when you want to fine-tune your image.
- Adobe Prelude – This is a video tool used by the editors prior to sending off the footage to production. It can transcode, log videos, make tags, and search quickly through video footage when you are looking for a particular scene. It isn’t necessarily an editing tool; it’s more helpful in organizing all of your video clips.
- Adobe Premiere Pro – Adobe Premiere Pro is an excellent video editing tool. Its interface lets you cut and paste video clips to make your very own movies. It didn’t have a very good reputation in the past, but Adobe has recently increased the quality and ease of use. Premiere Pro is now used by video editors throughout the industry.
- Adobe Flash – Many web games and animations on social media were designed using Adobe Flash. This software can be used in creating comics, interactive interfaces, cartoons, and games.
- Adobe Acrobat X Pro – This software really lets you play around with your PDFs. It enables you to resize pages, isolate information, and even set the background and foreground. Additionally, Adobe Acrobat X Pro allows for interactivity within a PDF through audio and video elements.
- Adobe Audition – Radio stations and sound artists use this program to mix and edit audio recordings. You can fine tune tracks, add sound effects, and cut and paste portions of audio to create professional quality audio mix-ups.
These are just a few of the products that Adobe offers. There are several others that can help you to generate professional-grade graphics and design.