Shopping out for your countertops? You don’t have to go to different malls because, in this infographic, you may have a choice in mind. Why do women, especially those who stay a lot in the kitchen, pay much attention to their countertops? When you are in the kitchen, you are likely thinking about what to cook for that meal. If your kitchen in which the countertops are highlighted the most, if it is not neat, pleasant or conducive to cooking, you may not be able to think about which menu to prepare. Because of that Washington State Kitchen & Bath prepare this infographic that provides details about a variety of countertops that you can choose from.
1. First on the list is the tops made of natural stones. These stones can be expensive especially if it is granite. These are often found in high-end kitchens and it can be bought from local fabricators. Soapstone and slates are also good options.
2. Activities in the kitchen make your countertops prone to spill over, scratches and stains. If your countertops are not resistant enough, you will change it from time to time. However, solid surfaced countertops are resistant to these damages and it can be repaired easily. Though others have negative thoughts about it being an imitation of natural stone, this is unfair because solid surfaced countertops are made of acrylic and/or polyester.
3. Though plastic laminates are made of kraft paper, it is still durable and resilient to water, food left over, etc. Plastic laminates come in various colors, shapes, and designs. You can opt for 1/16 and 1/32 inches depending on the purpose of the laminate. For general purposes, the 1/16 inches should be your choice but for other things else, opt for 1/32 inches.
4. Ceramic tiles are used for secondary work surfaces such as islands and eat-at counters. However, floor tiles and ceramic tiles used for countertops, so you must check it with the provider.
5. You may not feel it a wise option, but wood for your countertops could also be a good option. It was once a prominent material for countertops but has lost its patrons since solid surfaces and natural stones especially granite are introduced. Other people believed that wood surfaces can easily catch germs and bacteria. However, a study revealed that it is not true. But a better choice than plastics.
6. If natural stones are pretty much expensive, try to look for engineered stones. It was invented 50 years ago and made of resins, natural stones, glass, and silica. It resembles a solid surface material and considered a green product because it uses waste materials especially as a binding agent.
7. If you want something more personal and customized, there are concrete materials that can be shaped according to what you want. You can choose your own design, color, size, and shape depending on your personality and the existing design of your kitchen.
8. Countertops are an essential part of the kitchen and your choice of it will affect the overall atmosphere in the place where you like to stay the most. Don’t buy easily. Instead, shop around and look for which will fit your kitchen perfectly.
Download this infographic.