Playing video games or doing social media on your phone for an hour or more will leave a mark that will make your touchscreen blurry. As a user, it would be disappointing to use a phone that will compel you to open your eyes wider because you can’t see it clearly. To prevent this from happening, screen protectors are innovated from time to time. An example is the use of plastic screen protectors. However, this infographic reveals the crucial disadvantages of using plastic screens for a touchscreen.
1. Screen protectors that are made of plastics show the scratches that are marked on your screen. If you are fond of putting your phone in your bag along with other stuff, expect that there will be marks of coins, keys, pens and other items that can scratch it. Even though, some providers marketed it with “fingerprint resistance or Oleophobic coating”, but you can’t just believe it as ultimate protection. Others believe that finer and smoother plastic screen protectors, unfortunately, that is not the case.
2. Also, there are built-in plastic screen protectors that diffuse the HD screen of the device. It does not provide 100% protection because it lacks plastic edges that cover the edge of the phone. This is because it can’t stick into curved edges. Such problems lead other users to cut the plastic screen protector causing it to be easily detached from the phone. Without proper ways of fitting the protector to the screen, bubbles will be created which will make the phone look unpleasing.
3. Plastic screen protectors are not as smooth as glass. You can feel it upon stroking your fingers into the screen itself. Protecting your phone must not mean to sacrifice the feeling of touching the actual screen. Glass protectors will make you feel like it is the actual screen. It is protected yet you feel like you are just holding the actual phone.
4. Aside from that, glass screen protectors have two stand-out features. This includes enhancing the look of the phone while wearing the glass. Fingerprinting will not be a problem and wiping the dirt off can also be pretty easy. Glass screen protectors will allow you to use the phone for whatever purpose you want without worrying about the marks or prints that will be left in the screen. That is why glass protectors are better than the plastic ones, though it is costlier than the latter. But, surely, it is worth the price.
5. You can find variations of edge-to-edge glass screen protectors, in which you don’t need to use the full case. It ensures that the entire phone is covered. Shockproof casings are used because users want to protect the phone even if it fell down. However, having a full case makes the phone look and feel bulky.
6. Taking care of one’s phone will mean not needing to buy a new one every year because you see scratches on the screen. Instead, you can keep the phone and all other files and images stored into it while preserving its look when you first bought it.
Download this infographic.