Traditional marketing or the use of TV Ads, Radio Ads and Print Ads has been proven to be effective for more than a decade ago. However, because of the change in the behaviour of the market, such media have also been losing its popularity among the crowd of the modern generation. The potential customers are using the internet in surfing, looking and buying the items that they need. And because the internet has been highly accessible to them, it provided a new marketplace where sellers and manufacturers will compete. They should compete on whose website will be more favoured by the customer. This made SEO a new game in the virtual competition arena. This infographic will show the major differences between traditional marketing and SEO.
1. Search engines are platforms where users can search for whatever they need. These search engines have results page that show the websites that are related to the keyword used by the searcher. The goal of search engine optimization is to be on the top of these search engines or at least be in the first page. Why? Because users won’t bother clicking and browsing through the next page of the SERP.
2. In search engine optimization, you use content-rich of keywords that are organic in it. Google penalizes websites that keyword stuffing. If the SEO strategy of the company is effective, every time an internet user search the web, his website will be shown upfront making his products more viewable to the customers.
3. As you can see, that was also the objective of a traditional marketing campaign. Increasing reach and awareness of the customers about the existence of the business, triggering interest and stimulating desire and action to buy. SEOs are like that too, but the game field is the internet.
4. There are several advantages of using SEO. First, it increases brand awareness at a lower cost. Second, if your website shows in the first page of search engine results page, people will think that your website is more reliable, with higher quality and is better than other brands. It will encourage more traffic to your website that could result to converting users to customers and will improve the return on investments.
5. The use of SEO is rational in today’s generation. Not all families now prefer to watch TV. Probably, they would love to surf the net along with their children. This made TV Ads not so popular to the millennial. However, the TV Ad promises no loading moment- only loading conversion to becoming a customer.
6. Another significant advantage of SEO is the fact that the strategy is cost-effective. Having your ad air on TV for just 30 seconds will cost the company much. But, creating blogs or wikis will make you cash out a few bucks. Even radio ad and print ad are not efficient way of reaching out to your customers.
7. The last and the most important of all, the company must study the demographic and psychographic characteristics of their target market before venturing into the tri-media. A piece of advice, if you are targeting the children and teenagers, it would be better if you use SEO than TV Ad no matter how sophisticated or funny it is. Your market doesn’t spend much time on TV anymore.
Download this infographic.